High anxiety, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, ADHD etc WILL NOT stop you learning to drive.Click To Tweet
Anxiety about driving is not uncommon, and I can assure you, you will not be the first person to be anxious about driving. However having some form of severe anxiety in other parts of your life will quite obviously be part of your driving life.
Now the last thing you want to here from your instructor is “get over it” or “its fine” because in your head it won’t be fine and you won’t get over it. This is why at “Get Driving Today” we will teach you methods and coping strategies to help you manage the anxiety, as experience tells us the anxiety will not just go away because someone tells us to “get over it”.
We treat each and every customer as an individual and will teach you to drive in a way that you learn, which is far different than you having to learn how your instructor teaches. Lets make sense of that last statement, If you are struggling with a particular subject it is not your job to do it like your instructor said do it. Its your instructors job to get you to do it in way that suits you.
What we will do for you
- Teach in a way you learn.
- Monitor your driving progress.
- Work with you on a variety of differing strategies to help manage the anxiety.
- Ensure you are kept in a safe environment at all times.
- Give you all the time you need to become a safe driver.
- Help with theory test in car if required.
- Give you regular breaks
What we won’t do
- Have a single method and force it upon you
- Shout at you
- Bang things in annoyance
- Force you to do anything you don’t feel comfortable doing
- Put you in a situation that you clearly are not ready for.
If you would like a no obligation chat to meet your instructor or simply have a chat about learning to drive then please
call us 01204 or 07772843239
Or fill in the small form below and we will call you back.